Sunday, July 7, 2019

Letter from Finnris to the Lady Aeridnis Vorzin

To Lady Aeridnis Vorzin,
Mistress of the Tower of Black Flame,
Tower of the Black Flame,
Qoudeth
21/3/2214


Hail Witch,
I hope your studies go well.
I write with news of the zombie attacks in the docks. I believe the zombies to be minions of the Captain Bruneval, the undead pirate lord of legend!
Recently we sailed the Autumn Moon on a trade mission to the Dwarf City of Kal-Zinan. We encountered a ghostly ship, which at first seemed to be flying in a low yellow cloud but on further investigation, we found it to be encased in an unholy iceberg, the yellow mist actually sinister fog. Upon further exploration, we found the ice to contain the corpses of drowned Nimothan reavers. Catching the Captain in an undead slumber, we dispatched him and his ghastly crew to a final watery grave, or so we thought. But I fear the Golden Ghost, for that is the name of the ship has risen again and has followed us to Quodeth to exact revenge. The iceberg surrounded by the same yellow fog in the harbour points to that.
I, Aeshma, Vorstag and our friend Zerda have made preparations to take the fight to the undead. This time we expect the ghost, and his crew will be prepared, and their defences improved.
Aeri, will you join us to rid Quodeth of this terrible curse?

Azura’s blessings,
Finnris
C/o Megara the Healer, Urgaks Camp

P.S. I left Lizard Bronn some decaying pirate corpses in the cellar as a treat.

P.P.S. I drank 2 bottles of your best Peacock Brandy while I was making this letter, I would leave coin, but my purse, as ever, is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RURITAIN AND THE ASPTOOTHS

Ruler: Queen Matilda (from 2221 AR), formerly King Ozzar . The coastal city of Ruritain, one of the first settlements built by the Atlantea...