Thursday, September 12, 2019

Session #37 25/7/2214+ capture of Woe Fortress

Isle of Woe
25th of Dumet 2214

Crouched in front of the campfire, Finnris runs through the plan with his comrades once again.

"Vorstag and I will lead the Dhari and Brons troop into position under cover of darkness. The Dwarves dark-vision helps find good ground, where they will dig in. If we need to retreat, they will provide some protection. "

"Zerda and The Admiral will draw up the main force in front of the fort, but outside ballistae range. Bringing with them such items of siegecraft as they can, mantalets, battering rams, siege ladders, grapples, etc. They blow horns, shout, attracting as much attention as possible. Nestled in the right-wing of the leading battle group, Aeshma, Craw and the Forlorn Hope wait, ready to strike out at the ballistae tower."

"At dawn, the artillery barrage will begin."

"Vorstag and I break through the swamp gate."

"Artillery fire now focuses on the tower not being assaulted by Asehma, Craw and the Forlorn Hope. The Forlorn Hope assaults the other tower using the stone shape ramp."

"Our objective to ensure the main Fort entrance is open to the main force. "

Finnris looks up from the battle plan.

"Does that cover everything?"

“Aye.....Huzzah!” Says Grey Craw

Grey Craw’s account of the capture of Woe Fortress

The day before the assault was spent by the senior officers blathering about what happens next! I’d been given the rank of Lieutenant in the Quodethi marines so was invited along, though the gods know why! Most of the real warriors there wanted a straight assault on the fort and to put all of the Margish and Lomari bastards to the sword. An idea was put forward for a “Battle of Champions” with Finnris and yours truly having a one-on-one scrap with two of theirs. I’m all for a fight but a full blown battle is what I’m about not this twatting about with rules of honour and the like. Don’t think Finnris was too happy about it either.
In the end good sense was the order of the day and an assault on the fort was ordered for dawn break the next day.
The next day dawns and our Forces were lined up ready for the attack. That big lad, Vorstag and Finnris were in the swamplands for an assault on the rear of the fort.
The lady warrior, Aeshma and the Lord Zérda were with me and my boys for a frontal assault. The dwarves had given us some arbalesters to support the assault.
I chewed on a lump of chagga root to get the blood flowing and took my place at the vanguard. The dwarf Stonebreaker made a stone ramp with his magic and Aeshma cast some spell on the SW tower which drone the ballista crew back into the bowels of the tower. Lady Aeshma, me and my platoon of marines charged up the ramp.
Lord Zérda led some of the other troops to the main entrance. At the same time the rear assault smashed its way into the fortress.
As with all battles, all I could focus on was what I was doing. I charged up the ramp and started hacking into the bastards. I caught sight of the Lady Aeshma on the walls giving the bastards some grief and by the noise coming from the front gate, I think the Lord Zérda had used some eldritch power to blast through the door. I took on the ballista captain and soon had the bastard’s guts on my blade. I managed to hack the ugly head from another Margish bastard who wanted a fight!
Soon we held the front towers and most of the fort. I later learned that Vorstag, Finnris and the Dhari irregulars has acquitted themselves well and had taken the rear of the fort albeit with some casualties, most caused by a big fireball.
We had the Lomari and Margish bastards trapped and then, the bastard talkers arrived for bastard “negotiation”. We had them and could have wiped the scum from the face of the earth but oh no!!
First I knew was that strutting peacock of an Admiral and his catamites walking into the fort. When I reached where he was the negotiating was already in flow and I heard talk of putting the Margish on trial and letting the Lomari go.

BASTARDS!

We could have wiped them out in a matter of minutes but these scum wanted to spare them. I walked up to the Admiral with my Quodethi commission in my hand. As he turned to look at me, with that vapid grin on his face, I threw the paper at the bastard and told him to stick it up his arse!

Don’t know too much about what went down after that. I went back and sat with the troops. I shared some barrels of Margish ale, which had been liberated from the kitchens with them and drank my way to a sore head.I do remember taking employment with the Lord Zérda and also being offered employment by both the Lady Aeshma and Vorstag but I was too drunk to recall the full details.

Last thing I remember was seeing the Lomari bastards marching out of the fort before the ale took its toll.


Attack on the Fort of Woe
The enemy are surrounded



No comments:

Post a Comment

RURITAIN AND THE ASPTOOTHS

Ruler: Queen Matilda (from 2221 AR), formerly King Ozzar . The coastal city of Ruritain, one of the first settlements built by the Atlantea...