Sunday, June 16, 2019

For the eyes of Yentüll, Head of House Saväschu, of Katagia


For the eyes of Yentüll, Head of House Saväschu, of Katagia

Dear Father,
Thank you for your letter. I appreciate the olive branch you have extended to me, but this gesture only further demonstrates my reasons for leaving Katagia.
The Diluvials believe that we Atlanteans are entitled to more than other races: that we stand to inherit the riches of Atlantis, that we are more deserving of this than other races. You, by this mantra, believe I should carry on your lineage by overseeing one of the family businesses. That, because of my birthright, being your only son and heir to House Saväschu, that it is my duty to come into the fold. That is not my way. It never has been. I believe each of us should be free to carve out our own path, and that each person, no matter their creed, colour, gender or ideology, should be free to pursue their goals their dreams. I do not believe Atlanteans to be above others; I do not believe myself to be any better at running a business than anyone else; and I do not believe that I should do this just because you wish it.
I never abandoned the family you abandoned me, when you sided with the Diluvials, who then arranged attempts on my life. I left because these people threatened the lives of my sisters if I did not. I left to protect those I love, and you did nothing. I do not need your forgiveness father you need mine.
If you no longer want the business in Ren Shaar, then sell it. Name your price, and I will gladly make an offer. If I don’t buy it, I can arrange its sale with one of the nobles of Quodeth I now know quite a few.
I may have left Katagia, but I am still a Saväschu just one who follows a different path to you; and I believe that, in generations to come, my House will be all the stronger, tolerant, and open-minded for it.
Give my love to mother, and tell my sisters that I miss them very much.

Regards
Zérda

No comments:

Post a Comment

RURITAIN AND THE ASPTOOTHS

Ruler: Queen Matilda (from 2221 AR), formerly King Ozzar . The coastal city of Ruritain, one of the first settlements built by the Atlantea...